Did you do this Christmas Week?

Did you do this Christmas Week?

What we did on Christmas Vacation

What we did on Christmas Vacation
The Family swimming

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday in Tennessee

I'm having trouble keeping my verb tenses straight,so ai'm trying to catch up to the day we are on.

Today was a super day for traveling.  Overcast days are much easier on one's eyes.  Last night was so cold Junnie decided he would grace us with his presence when we retired for the night.  First, he decided to walk on my shins, next he took a nap on Dan's stomach.  When Dan turned over he fled from the bed...Junnie, that is.  Later I felt him crawling up under the covers and nestling on my feet.  Sleep came.  Around three I awakened to thumping and after listening a bit trying to decide if someone was attempting to detatch the truck or get a free propane tank, I realized I was hearing Junnie playing under the bed with his toy ball we couldn't find before we went to sleep.  He didn't keep me awke for long. 

This morning we bought gas for $3.06 in Knoxville and later tonight, for $2.97 here in Nashville.   We're camped off Music Valley Drive quite near The Gaylord Opreyland Hotel.  You turn left to go to the hotel and right to come to the campground.  From one of our windows as I type, I can see the Christmas light show from Jellystone Campground almost next door.  There are red, blue, green snowflakes falling from the trees; Christmas shaped trees winking at us in the same color; curtains of red and green lights turning to blue, and white racing arcs and pinwheels spinning in mid-air.  It is an interesting and entertaining sight.  Earlier we found the radio station that was playing music syncronized to the dancing lights.  We can trun the radio off.

It was so mild and comfortable outside when we arrived, we stayed out watching the lights and talking with neighbors before we came in and had a supper of the scrumptious Divine Italian Pie.  Whoever made it, THANKS.  I knew it was a good idea to buy those frozen casseroles at the church bazaar.

Have a good Sunday and blessing to all,
Travel Trailer Trippers
Donelson UMC is not far from here and the Hermitage is close by there.  Hope Junior will behave himself while we're away tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may leave comments about this blog.