Did you do this Christmas Week?

Did you do this Christmas Week?

What we did on Christmas Vacation

What we did on Christmas Vacation
The Family swimming

Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16 (the second time)
We are here!  We have made it across the continent and arrived in the Los Angeles area this afternoon in time to set up camp and make it to Kath’s home around four o’clock.  We knew we had arrived there because Chelsea and Calvin were outside the house waiting and waving and jumping up and down.  Now we know how royalty feels when they drive down the streets and have everyone watching for them to arrive.   It was another joyous time for Dan and me, and the grands and Kath seemed very glad to see us, too.
Now, why did she say Dec. 16 (the second time)?  I am using a laptop that has a clock at the bottom and it is set on EST while we are now on Pacific time.  It’s after 1 AM where you are and it’s 10 PM here.  So, yesterday when I told you it was the 16th, it was really the 15th.  No wonder I’m always getting so confused about things. 
The scenery is lovely in this area, too.  There is more green than we expected and they have familiar trees.  Trees we know are mixed in with the new trees we have met on our way here.  We saw sycamore trees beside the Palo Verde with date palms  and cedars thrown in the mix, and we’re camped under a male mulberry.  At least I’m hoping it’s a male.  Those purple berries can create havoc on everything they touch.
Traffic in Phoenix was bad.  Traffic around here is horrid.  Fortunately Kryn had suggested alternative routes and we skirted LA proper and did not have to drive in that traffic, but what we did travel was nerve racking enough, especially hauling a trailer.  I missed lots of the scenery because I was trying to navigate for Dan, reading directions on where to go and which exit to take.  Unfortunately the exit number is at the exit.  If you do not know the name of the street that is the exit number you want, you might pass it before you know which one to take.  We managed to stay OK with me reading, Dan driving, Junnie behaving and my eating my fingernails!
Calvin’s scout troop went ice skating tonight so immediately after supper he and Karl headed out the door.  Chelsea sang “The 12 days of Christmas” for me.  I learned some new things.  There’s one partridge in a bear tree, three French friends, four CALLING BIRDS (YELLED AS LOUDLY AS  POSSIBLE),  and Kath told me yesterday she learned there were 10 vipers viping.  She said she was so sorry she had corrected her.  I had to tell Chelsea I had never heard that song ever sung exactly that way and that it was wonderful. .. and it was.
There will now probably be spaces in my blogging.  I doubt seriously you need to know a blow by blow account of our time with our family, but I will tell you about some of the things they have planned for us.   I just don’t know when that will be.  I’ll do intermitten blogs.  At least that’s what I’m thinking.   When we head back across the country I plan to do a daily blog again.  This is what I’m planning.  Only heaven knows what I will actually do!!!
Know that you are loved dearly, thought of often, and held within our hearts.
Blessings,
Dan, Fran, and Junnie

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safe and sound. Love the pictures. Springle family Christmas yesterday, and they stayed and ate most of the leftovers, yeah, cause I'm leaving on Thursday. Have a wonderful time with the grand kids and Kath and Karl.
    Love you both,
    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete

You may leave comments about this blog.